|1885||J.C. Powell||1931||D.V. York|
|1885-88||A.N. Averyt||1931-33||Monroe G. Wright|
|1889||John W Bryce||1934-37||Thomas B. Talley|
|1890||J.F. Wagnon||1938-39||Ernest L. Lloyd|
|1891||A.B.L. Hunkapillar||1940-41||M.F. Bell|
|1892||W.H. Averyt||1942-44||Hobart D. Ragland|
|1893||D.T. James||1945||Fred Dunning|
|1894-95||A.M. Belcher||1946-47||C. Otis Ball|
|1896||W.H. Huston||1947-49||Herschel W. Hall|
|1897||J.N. Moore & F.E. Shanks||1950-53||Mose Whittington|
|1898-99||M.A. Smith||1954-58||Charles E. Hoole|
|1900||W.H. Averyt||1958-61||Jay P. Irby|
|1901||H.B. Henry||1961-63||James Egan|
|1902-03||T.M. Jackson||1963-65||Jack Burton|
|1904||H.J. Brown & J.H. Denny||1965-67||J. Boyd Ruffner|
|1905||C.A. Burris||1967-69||Joe L. Hock|
|1906||J.R. Smith||1969-72||V. Troy Pults|
|1907-09||J.L. Gage||1972-74||Arthur F. Haddock|
|1910||J.H. Rogers||1974-75||Sanford Wiley|
|1911||Wm. D. Matthews||1975-77||Brad Humphrey|
|1912-13||R.A. Crosby||1977-82||Charles Nordean|
|1914||J.G. Blackwood||1982-84||Woody McClendon|
|1915||E.H. Driskill||1984-88||Dennis C. Jones|
|1916||R.E. Reagan||1988-89||John C. Stow|
|1917||C.M. Buttrill||1989-93||Bill H. Cooke|
|1918||G.E. Glasspool||1993-96||L. Don Griffin|
|1919-1920||C.W. Young||1996-98||Les Thompson, Jr.|
|1921||Frank Hopkins||1998-03||John L. Joughin|
|1922||W.O. Butcher||2003-08||Wayne Loftin|
|1923-25||A.E. Watford||2008-12||Ben Williams|
|1926||J.F. Hendry||2012-14||David Jenkins|
|1927-30||Fred A. Tucker||2014-||Steve Harshaw|
The First United Methodist Church of Davis is steeped in tradition that has been handed down for over one hundred-thirty years. It was established in 1885. Some descendants from the first congregation are members of the Davis Church today.
Originally, the church was part of three different congregations, Oak Ridge, Davis, and Hoover. At various times it has been part of many circuits, including Pauls Valley, Arbuckle, Wynnewood and Velma, and it has been part of the Indian Missionary Conference.
The first physical church was built in 1889 at the present location. It was a white frame structure and quite nice for the time. By 1924 the congregation had outgrown the building.
The second church was constructed in 1924-1925. It was a red brick, two-story building with a basement. It was an elegant building, but not easily accessible to the handicapped.
In 1961 the congregation moved into its present sanctuary. We feel blessed to have this lovely building for our worship services.
In 1968 The United Methodist Church was formed by the union of The Methodist Church and The Evangelical United Brethren Church.
In 2003 the church remodeled the kitchen and built a new fellowship hall.
The church bell that was on the first church still stands on the church grounds today and is still rung announcing the beginning of the Sunday worship service.
The emphasis of our church today is making disciples for Jesus Christ, Christian nurture, community service, and serving God in the twenty-first century.